Your school counselor, or guidance counselor, is one of your best resources as you plan for college. Take the first step and make an appointment to discuss a plan for college. He or she has information about admission tests, college preparation and your education and career options.
Here are some basic questions to help get you started:
- Do you have any information to help me start exploring my interests and related careers?
- What are the required and recommended courses – for graduation and for college prep?
- How should I plan my schedule so I’ll complete them?
- Do you have any after-school or evening sessions available for college planning?
- Do you have college handbooks or other guides I can browse or borrow?
- What activities can I do at home and over the summer to get ready for college?
- What kind of grades do different colleges require?
- Where do other kids from this school attend college?
- What are the requirements or standards for the honor society?